LINUX ADMINISTRATOR (part-time)
We are looking for a Linux Administrator for Rockaway Blockchain Fund – Venture Capital firm focused on the blockchain industry. The position will take full responsibility for managing staking server infrastructure of the company (we run blockchain nodes).
Linux Administration (primary):
- Identify and eliminate performance bottlenecks on Linux systems.
- Improve security of the staking infrastructure (hot wallets).
- Design and build high-availability clusters.
- Improve monitoring to support 24/7 operations (we use Collecd, InfluxDB, Grafana).
- Periodically write articles and knowledge nuggets on findings identified while designing, building and running the blockchain infrastructure.
- Help build internal knowledge database.
- Be recognized as a “thought leader” in the crypto space.
Network and PR:
- Establish and nurture network of technical experts and subject matter experts associated with the blockchain projects (Solana, Terra, etc.).
- IT background, degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- Experience in designing, building and supporting 24/7 operations in enterprise environment.
- Autonomous in taking ownership and at the same time team player.
- Entrepreneurship and drive (curiosity-driven, not searching for easy way out).
- Ability to structure, analyze and synthesize complex problems.
- Proficiency in writing of technical articles.