Investment Associate – Blockchain
We are looking for a self-contained Investment Associate for the Rockaway Blockchain division of Rockaway Capital.
· Strong in analysis
· Experience and passion in crypto-assets (e.g. investing, mining, trading)
· Computer science degree from reputable university
· Overview of best practices in architectural design of distributed systems
· Curiosity-driven, focused on fundamentals, willing to understand underlying complexity, not searching for easy way out
· Understanding of basic economics principles behind investing
· Familiarity with venture capital investment vehicles is a plus (equity, token models)
· Experience in entrepreneurship is a plus, alternatively experience in building a business
· English fluent business proficiency, Chinese or Korean is a plus
· Analyse underlying technology and explain impact on product design. Asses disruptive potential of such a technology on existing businesses.
· Actively source new deals coherent with the investment strategy. Independently interact with founders to evaluate the investment potential and fit.
· Prepare investment committee-ready documents for decision making purposes (i.e. analysis of team, product, competitive landscape, technology, value proposition, go-to-market strategy, exit strategies, and full DD process oversight)
· Track and improve current Rockaway Blockchain portfolio (i.e. build valuation models, attend investor meetings, define deep-dives where to help, connect with partners)
· Positively propagate Rockaway brand within the region (e.g. actively provide value and content