We are Ad-tech Company developing SAMBA.AI data analytical framework which is currently used in many largest e-commerce sites in Czech Republic. SAMBA is growing really fast and we are currently offering great opportunity for two functional developers to join our exceptional ride and become a part of the SAMBA core development team.
- Prior experience in functional programming languages (such as Scala, Ocaml, Haskell, Erlang, Lisp...).
- Professional experience with functional programming is not required but you need to be able to demonstrate your knowledge during the interview and persuade us that functional programming and Scala as our main language is a good fit for you.
- Standard Linux knowledge (scripting tools, standard tools, Git,..).
- SQL DB, knowledge about how different index types work.
- Basic knowledge about data structures and algorithms.
WHAT WILL YOU DEVELOP WITH US:
- Internal framework for massive data stream processing / analysis (in-memory computing engine and our distributed database).
- Distributed algorithms for real-time data processing.
- Autonomous AI system itself managing performance parameters of running advertising campaigns based on many external factors.
- Low latency analysis for advertising personalization.
- Offline big data processing (Spark..).
- Algebraic data types
- Most frequently used combinators (map, fold,…)
- Parametric polymorphism
Nice to have:
- Experience with Java / JVM
- Low level C programming
- Linux system programming
We will be delighted if you have deeper knowledge of functional programming such as:
- Generalized algebraic data types
- Subtyping and type variance
You must definitely contact us if you have additional knowledge of distributed systems:
- Actor model (Erlang, Akka)
- Map/reduce (Spark)
- Distributed algorithms (Paxos, Raft)
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Be a core member of intently small dev team developing a vibrant product.
- Working in the area of upcoming mainstream trend.
- Full time job with salary based on experience.
- Salary bonuses based on SAMBA success.
- Flat organization without pointless meetings.
- Working only with the best talents in their respective area in Czech Republic.
- Help with relocation if necessary.
- Offices in Prague or in Brno.
- Flexible working hours.
- 3 sick day.
- 5 weeks vacation.