We are looking for an Investment Manager for Rockaway Blockchain Fund - Venture Capital firm focused on the blockchain industry. This position will take end-to-end responsibility for deals: investments and portfolio management.
- Follow the blockchain space, map out the investment landscape, identify trends and segments to continuously perfect the investment strategy.
- Proactively generate deal flow within the investment strategy.
- Screen companies, own the due diligence process and prepare investment committee -ready documents for decision making.
- Model the valuation and potential ROI per company, anchor the investment and exit valuation scenarios.
- Negotiate the investment deal with the company and potentially with co-investment partners.
- Track progress and add value to portfolio companies (i.e. schedule CEO/ board mtgs., challenge the business model and go-to-market strategy, define areas where to help, bring in experts, help fill-in key management positions, introduce to corporates).
- Define and help in exit strategy per portfolio company.
- Lead portfolio management meetings.
- Conduct research on topics as defined by the team.
- Periodically write articles and knowledge nuggets.
- Help build internal knowledge database.
- Be recognized as a “thought leader” in the crypto space.
NETWORK & PR
- Establish and nurture network of technical founders and subject matter experts; ideal profile is already deeply connected to the blockchain ecosystem.
- Actively seek speaking opportunities at crypto conferences; ideal profile is already respected in the crypto community.
- Experience and successful track record in PE or VC investing (minimum 2 years).
- Expertise in blockchain/ cryptocurrency investing.
- Ability to generate meaningful deal flow and close top deals.
- Established network and relationships with VCs, blockchain companies, media and conferences.
- Autonomous in taking ownership and at the same time team player.
- Entrepreneurship and drive (curiosity-driven, not searching for easy way out).
- Ability to structure, analyse and synthesize complex problems.
- Commitment to excellence.
- Proficiency in writing of technical and investment articles.
- Excel modeling.
- Ideally IT background with business degree/ CFA.